Monday, August 1, 2011

Art for Your Feet

Last week I was fortunate enough to participate in the State of Design festival's Art for Your Feet event. Obüs who sponsored the day in their CBD boutique supplied Melissa Fontessa shoes to each participant, along with a wide array of fabric samples, scissors, sharpies and even googly eyes to customize the shoes.

The store was packed with 20 participants churning out some truly awesome designs. Below are some photos from the event; big thanks to Obüs for providing such a creative environment and letting a girl without a reservation participate.

Now I'm off to go pick up my customized Melissa's and maybe buy a pair of fuchsia socks at their store :)

Looking in to Obüs
Obüs store front designed by Shayli Harrison

working
Working hard, hour 1.

Melissa Mocassins
My favorite design of the day, Melissa Moccasins.

Home Street Home
Beautiful hand drawn type.

Rain makes me Sleepy Shoes
A close-up of my design, a sleepy eyed bootie for cloudy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment